It’s that time of year - many of us are starting to plan our spring cleaning schedules. There’s just something about the fresh air, the new growth outside, and the warmer weather that makes people want to get their entire homes squeaky clean. The only problem is, many of the typical store-bought cleaners that are sitting in our cabinets are stuffed full of chemicals that aren’t all that healthy for our families!
Thankfully, it’s really easy to whip up your own homemade cleaners without all of the toxic chemicals and unnecessary additives. We’ve even done all of the hard work for you - here’s a quick roundup of 8 different simple, natural, and healthy-for-your-family homemade cleaning products.
8 Simple and Natural Homemade Cleaners
- WINDOW CLEANER: This two-ingredient window cleaner recipe is fast to throw together and extremely effective!
- AIR FRESHENER: Pets or kids bringing in some, ahem, unwanted odors? Try this essential oil homemade air freshener spray.
- DISINFECTING WIPES: Store-bought disinfecting wipes can be full of chemicals that aren’t great for kids (or for you) - try making these green homemade disinfecting wipes instead.
- ALL-PURPOSE CLEANER: This post has 5 different ways you can clean your home using the powerhouse combination of baking soda and vinegar.
- ALL-PURPOSE CLEANER: This all-purpose organic orange peel cleaner only contains two ingredients and, despite one of them being vinegar, it smells great too!
- STAIN REMOVER: It can be hard to find effective treatments for laundry that don’t have a ton of chemicals - this DIY stain remover only uses three ingredients and is sure to get the job done.
- CLEANER RECIPES: This post is stuffed full of information on how to tackle all of your spring cleaning naturally - including multiple homemade cleaner recipes and some tricks to make the job easier!
- ALL-PURPOSE CLEANER: And finally, this homemade ginger-citrus vinegar cleaning solution is a great option for a quick and easy homemade cleaner that smells fantastic.
With these tips and tricks, you’re can restock almost your entire cleaning cabinet with natural and safe options that will help keep your home clean without doing any harm to your family or the environment.
If you have a favorite natural homemade cleaner recipe, be sure to share it in the comments here.
Happy spring cleaning!