Life can sometimes feel like we are spinning in a hectic hamster wheel of work, home life errands, and keeping up with family and friends. As a result, it’s important to build some “me” time into your schedule. Our favorite place for reflection and refuge is the garden. What better way to find a peaceful retreat than to create your very own in the backyard? A calming beautiful birdbath can serve as a wonderful centerpiece to your serene garden escape.
Before getting your hands dirty, check out our video detailing the steps on how to install a birdbath.
- Rebar stake and twine
- Harvest Organics Garden Soil
- Decorative rocks
- Locate a clear area in your lawn.
- Use stake and twine to mark out a circular bed.
- Using a hammer, drive a stake into the center of the area you’ve designated.
- Tie 2ft-3ft worth of twine to the stake, which will determine the radius and edging of the area.
- Define the edging of the area with a shovel and remove inner soil.
- Add Harvest Organics Garden Soil to the bed and rake level.
- Level out the area under the birdbath.
- For best results, use a level to ensure even ground.
- Remove the stake from the center and replace with the birdbath.
- Once in place, put the level on top of the birdbath to ensure correct balance.
- Use decorative rocks to define the border of the area.
- Plant your favorite flowers around the bed. Be sure to place taller flowers closer to the center to create a cohesive height balance.
- Fill your birdbath with water and enjoy the company of new-feathered friends.